Saturday, May 30, 2015

My waxy weakness

Ever have that one food that you just can't seem to ever live life without? (You know I'm NOT EVEN exaggerating) 

Your first "go to" when you're having a bad/crappy day? 

The item you spot in the grocery store - and you have to get it off the shelf?

The food you know is HORRID (like fuh reallll) but you still gotta eat it? 

I do.. 

It's these damn frosted donuts! 
Everywhere! 

I see them at the end of every store checkout line and sometimes even on random end caps. 

Every time I walk by those yellow cake doughnuts, frosted in chocolate (ok ok, we all know its brown wax!!) they scream my name and say "PAULA! PICK US! WE'RE DELICIOUS!!" 

....and I listened to them. Way more than I should. 

Lots of times I could sit and literally eat almost a whole bag.
Other times I could eat an entire bag and then purge so I would feel less crappy after. 
Sometimes I would be on a quick run to the store and would grab the individual size and eat them ....all (6)... on the way home from the grocery store.... BEFORE eating dinner! 

I ate them on days I felt sad/mad/fat or bloated from being a girl. Or if i just wanted something sweet. 

BAD CHOICES!!!
Every last one of them. 

Today, I passed TWO different brands of them today - and walked right by them. I even had to turn around the first time to take a photo! 


I know,
It might not seen like that big of a deal to you, but you may understand more if it was YOUR weakness food. Maybe it's Reese's. Or Mac and cheese. Or baked bread - who knows. It could be anything. 

Sometimes I do let my desires/cravings get the best of me...

But today, I didn't. 
And I'm proud of myself for that. 

Two days down of my new lifestyle.... And I've got the rest of my life to go! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG I am glad I am not the only one who thinks these things are good, lol. I mean are they even actually made out of anything close to real food? These were a "treat" in my house growing up, along with the powdered ones too! I feel ya! Way to go on passing on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took a pic of the donuts...kind of like in a mocking way. Maybe you didn't mean it to be that profound - lol... but what a great memento to capture your willpower and personal strength! :)

    ReplyDelete